Welcome to scifi_turbo_rum!!
- This is an icontest that is a combination of a 20in20 (you are given a month to make 12 icons), a LIMS (you will be voting for two least favorites and two most favorites) and a rumble (there are no eliminations).
-A turbo rumble is where you have have a month to make 12 icons. You will be given 12 themes (6 will be technical and 6 will be interpretive) and you may use whatever Science Fiction or Fantasy show/movie/book/comics that you would like. After the month is done there will be voting every day for each theme. There are NO eliminations and you get points for placement and for voting. The person with the most points at the end of the round will be the first place winner, the person with the second most points will the be the second place winner and the person with the third most points will be the third place winner!
- You will have one month to complete your 12 icons. There will be 6 technical themes and 6 interpretive themes.
- During the month you can submit your icons at any time to the specific submission post.
- Please follow LJ standards, under 40kb and 100 by 100. NO animation is allowed, but textures/text/blending is allowed and encouraged!
- Please do NOT share your icons until all the voting is complete!
- Once the icons have been submitted the voting will start. Voting will then take place every day for 12 days (give or take).
- For the voting, you will be voting for your two least favorite, your two most favorite and a best interpretation of the theme. You are required to give a constructive reason for both the two least favorites and the two most favorites. You will get a point every time you vote! Please note, if you miss THREE (3) consecutive votings, you will be deducted two points. This is to ensure that we get enough votes in.
- For each challenge the first place winner will get 5 points, the second place winner will get 4 points, the third place winner will get 3 points, the best interpretation of the theme will get 2 and a mod's choice will get 1.
- After all 12 challenges have been voted on, the person with the most points will be awarded first place, the person with the second most amount of points will be awarded second place and the person with the third most amount of points will be awarded third place.
***There will also be a Most Valuable player, and this award will be given to the person who have the best constructive feedback and voted consistently throughout the round. This does NOT have to be someone who was signed up! It can be someone that has watched the community and voted without ever having been signed up. This person will then have the opportunity to pick 4 themes (2 technical and 2 interpretive) for the next round!